Delete

(Leave this as-is, it’s a trap!)

To delete this post you must be either the original author or a designated moderator.
The content of the post will be removed but the name and date will remain.

• The post will be removed completely from the thread, rather than blanked
  • Only posts on the last page of the thread can be removed completely (so as to not break permalinks)

RE[1]: Don, welcome your energies as a cocky, confident teenager out in the world!”

Don Evans

Since some other readers of my book will be reading what you’ve said, I’ll direct them to page 105, from which you uote. Also, for their sake, I’ll say a bit more about Puer Aeturnus (Eternal Boy). It’s the title of a book by someone who many regard as the best Jungian after Jung: Marie Louise von Franz. She describes a temperamental tendency that dominates many spiritually-inclined men in various ways. Her account consists mainly of detailed reflection on Exupery’s story about “The Little Prince”
When I first read the book over twenty years ago I immediately identified myself as a puer and I committed myself to her "cure": The main work for a puer is not acquiring more heavenly experience but rather EMBODYING what they already have in ongoing, everyday commitments to a job, a mate, a long-term creative project or vocation, and a meaningful life here on earth.
Ten years later, however, although I thought of myself as no longer a puer but a reformed puer, I had to acknowledge that my puer tendency was still messing up my love-life! Not until the events of January, 2012, beginning with Robin's invitation to me, was the core-puer in me successfully evicted: I finally gave up my longing that some day I would meet the one ARCHETYPAL WOMAN who would complete me! Since for me that addiction had been shaped by severe traumas when I was an infant , a great deal of very specific bodily-emotional-spiritual work had to precede the eviction!
So I recommend von Franz's book to any "Mommy's Boy" (and also to any "Daddy's Girl") who is reading my book. She provides an illuminating perspective on oneself and a relevant summons to embody our spirituality. But for me, and perhaps for you, embodiment involves more than von Franz's insights. It requires unique bodily-emotional-spiritual work by the individual in relation to their particular life-history.
I don't know, Floyd, what personal work has gradually enabled you to change in the ways that you describe, though I'm sure your love for your wife is part of it. And, unlike my state ten years ago, you don't seem to be kidding yourself!